Atwood Farm Supplies - Agronomy and Operations Assistant:
Atwood Farm Supplies is a progressive ag-retailer serving farmers in Mid-Western Ontario from our location near Donegal (Just outside Listowel). We supply Crop Inputs including – Fertilizer, Crop Protection, Seed and related Agronomy and Custom Application Services to our customer. To meet the needs of customers we are adding to our staff for the 2024 growing season.
Atwood Farm Supplies is seeking an individual to join our team as an Agronomy Assistant
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Interest in Agronomy
- Well organized
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time manager
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and in group setting
- Hard worker
- Capability of obtaining forklift license
- Capable of lifting 25 kg
Key Job Elements
- Work with agronomy team to efficiently and accurately scout customers crops and record findings to allow timely crop protection applications.
- Develop diagnostic skills to clearly identify, Crop Stages, Populations, Weeds, Diseases and Nutrient Deficiencies.
- Agronomic services – Tissue sampling, Soil Sampling, Pre-Side dress nitrate tests, Pest trap monitoring
- Assist in plot trials, including planting, scouting, signage and harvest.
- Assist in Agronomy Data Management. Including inputting field scout reports into software.
- Provide Operational Support and effective customer service during planting season and transitioning to Agronomy Support after planting.
- Responsibility will include shipping and receiving of bulk fertilizer, seed, and crop protection products. This will involve unloading of trucks, assist with blending fertilizer, shipping of fertilizer and chemical products and when required delivering product to the farm customers.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Maintain the appearance and professional environment of the fertilizer tower, warehouse, and surrounding areas.
- Take a pro-active approach with respect to maintenance of the facility which includes, house keeping, daily and weekly maintenance. House keeping and maintenance checklists to be established and reviewed upon commencement of the job.
- Be familiar and comfortable understanding paperwork used when shipping products, to ensure customer’s expectation are met, and inventory remains accurate.
This is an excellent development opportunity for a student interested in agronomy.
Please direct resumes, cover letter and further inquiries to: Archie Wilson
Atwood Farm Supplies E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org