Crop Scout 02/22/22 2:52:00 PM
Atwood Farm Supplies - Crop Scout and Operations Assistant:
Atwood Farm Supplies is a progressive ag-retailer serving customers in Mid-Western Ontario from our location near Donegal (Just outside Listowel). We supply Crop Inputs including – Fertilizer, Crop Protection, Seed and related Agronomy and Custom Application Services to customer in Mid-Western Ontario. In order to meet the needs of customers we are adding to our staff for the 2022 growing season.
Atwood Farm Supplies is seeking an individual to join our team as a Crop Scout and Operations Assistant
The successful candidate will have the following skill set:
- Well organized
- Good attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time manager
- Customer service
- Ability to work independently and in group setting
- Hard worker
- Capability of obtaining forklift license
- Capable of lifting 25 kg
Key Job Elements
Please direct resumes, cover letter and further inquiries to:Archie Wilson Atwood Farm Supplies E-mail: email@example.com
- Provide Operational Support and effective customer service during planting season and transitioning to Agronomy Support after planting.
- Responsibility will include shipping and receiving of bulk fertilizer, seed, and crop protection products. This will involve unloading of trucks, assist with blending fertilizer, shipping of fertilizer and chemical products and when required delivering product to the farm customers.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner both in person and on the telephone.
- Maintain the appearance and professional environment of the fertilizer tower, warehouse, and surrounding areas.
- Take a pro-active approach with respect to maintenance of the facility which includes, house keeping, daily and weekly maintenance. House keeping and maintenance checklists to be established and reviewed upon commencement of the job.
- Be familiar and comfortable understanding paperwork used when shipping products, to ensure customer’s expectation are met, and inventory remains accurate.
- Work with agronomy team to efficiently and accurately scout customers crops and record findings to allow timely crop protection applications.
- Develop diagnostic skills to clearly identify, Crop Stages, Populations, Weeds, Diseases and Nutrient Deficiencies.
- Assist in plot trials, including planting, scouting, signage and harvest.
- Participate in the process of maintaining inventory control on all fertilizer, seed, and chemical products at the location. This will involve reconciling physical inventory on hand versus computer inventory.